2017 IWSC Awards
2017 IWSC whisky awards are announced
Yazının son güncelleme tarihi
One of the most prestigious awards in drinks business, 2017 IWSC Awards are announced.
There are several medals in every alcohol category (please see below for the full list which is very informative to see the subcategories for whisky, gin, votka, wine and others) For the full list of Gold, Silver, Bronze medals please click the IWSC website and use the filters. Here I listed the whiskies which had the honor of “GOLD OUTSTANDING” medal (93 points and over)
8 expressions received “GOLD OUTSTANDING” in Scotch Whisky category:
- Bowmore Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 18YO
- Dalmore Valour Single Highland Malt
- Glenfiddich 40 YO Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glenglassaugh Highland Scotch Whisky 40 YO
- Grant’s 12 YO
- Port Ellen Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky 33YO
- Syndicate 58/6 12 YO Blended Scotch Whisky
- The Balvenie 14 YO Caribbean Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Only one bottle received the GOLD OUTSTANDING award in Irish Whiskies category
- Tullamore Dew 12 YO Special Reserve
Only one bottle received the GOLD OUTSTANDING award in American Whiskies category
- 1792 Full Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Only one bottle received the GOLD OUTSTANDING award in World Whiskies category. I’m so happy to see one of my favorites receiving this award. Ian Chang is an exceptional whisky maker and a real master in cask use. For my interview with Ian please click the link.
- Kavalan Solist ex-Bourbon Single Cask Strength Single Malt Whisky
DESIGN AND PACKAGING AWARDS
Glenfiddich Experimental series received the packaging awards. I wrote about the creation process of IPA before. I was lucky to see the blueprints of that bottle last year months before launch.
- Glenfiddich IPA Experiment Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Glenfiddich Project XX Single Malt Scotch Whisky